Don’t you love outdoor events?
Whether you are throwing an intimate party or hosting an extravagance gala. The options for outdoor events are vast and diverse.
Moreover, outdoor events require a little extra thought from your side. Otherwise, there is bound to be embarrassing mishaps and accidents. So don’t let any dents in the planning damper the party mood.
Here are some secret tips that can help you arrange a flawless event:
1. Be Practical When Venturing into the Unknown
Outdoor events have a large canvas for you to cover. That is why while arranging the event you need to ensure that you cover all grounds. This is because in the hoopla of the menu and décor you don’t want to forget about the practical things.
- Parking Space: You don’t want your guest to walk a long distance to reach the venue. So choose a location that has a big parking lot.
- Location: Is your venue easy to reach? Always attach an address to the invite so none of the guests get lost.
- Restrooms: Make sure to check if there are restrooms near your venue. You don’t want to tell them that they will have to wait till they get home. Especially if the guests are young.
2. Be Vigilant to the Smaller Details
Most guests cover the basics like venue, menu, and décor. That is all great until the party rolls and they realize how many tiny variables they ignored in the planning process.
For instance, don’t forget things like:
- Playlist: Music sets the mood and relaxes the company. That is why you need to have a set playlist that matches the occasion. Call up a DJ if you have a big budget.
- Seating Arrangement: Make sure that you have enough seats for all your guests. Try to get some extra in case someone brings plus twos along. You don’t want the guests to stand while they eat. Do you?
- Invites: Instruct your guests on the dress code, location and other variables that might influence the themed party.
3. Be Prepared for the Unexpected
Always have a plan B to ensure that your guests don’t have any trouble when the weather steers away from its normal programming.
- Light the Way: Soiree with the stars sounds splendid. But make sure that there are string lights and LED tea lights to keep your event lit.
- Cover Up: Tents and canopy are a great way to beat the sunshine and rain when they beak the weather forecast.
- The Extras: Always keep extras at hand. You never know when things run out or get blown away.
- Menu: Serve seasonal foods and hassle-free dishes. So the guests don’t have to tackle with the spills and enjoy the weather with a meal that compliments it.
- Décor: Don’t blow your budget on decorations. Adorn the party with the surroundings and add minimal touches that beautify it.
In a nutshell, you may have a great vision for your party. But including practicality, being watchful and perfecting the fine details is what creates a pleasurable experience for the guests. So never miss out on that when you are visualizing the big event.